We have to stop pretending that.......
- student engagement means students are sitting quietly and making eye contact with the teacher.
- classrooms need to have four walls, desks in rows, and textbooks for each subject.
- the best way to view student learning is by giving the student a test.
- student choice and voice ends when students pick the books they would like to read.
- personalized learning means students taking standardized assessments and then being assigned to groups to read leveled books.
I'm tagging Curt Rees, Joe Mazza, Jimmy Casas, Jennifer Kloczko, and Amy Fadeji to take the challenge.